querini villas 2018-01-16T22:30:04+00:00

– Alikampos –
“the historical countryside village”

The two villas are located at the former community of Alikampos in the province of Apokoronas. Alikampos is one of the oldest villages of the perfecture of Chania. The residents belonged in the noble Byzantine family of Konti, which enjoyed a lot of privileges from the emperors of Byzantium, which they maintained until the past years of the Venetian domination.
Alikampos was the center of activities in the revolutions against the Venetians, who destroyed the village in 1527 and they prohibited the residents to rebuilt it.

In the village you can see interesting old houses, Venetian ruins and the Byzantine temple of Koimisis of Virgin Mary with murals of 1315.
Today the village belongs to the municipality of Kryonerida of the prefecture of Chania. The village Alikampos is located at the foot of Lefka Ori (in an altitude of 310m.), 40 kilometers from Chania, in the provincial road of Chania to Sfakia and 30 kilometers from the city of Rethymno. It is just 9 kilometers from the sea and the coastal settlement of Georgioupolis and 6 kilometers from the village of Vrysses. According to the last inventory, the residents are numbered roughly in three hundred.

– Transportations –

In the national road of Chania – Rethymno, in the 30th km, we turn right to Vrysses. We cross the settlement of Vrysses and we follow the street to Sfakia. In the 7th km of Vrysses – Sfakia we turn left to Alikampos.
Reaching the square of the village, we turn left and we continue in course left up to the church of the village. At the church we turn left at the small alley and we follow it for 150m roughly until we arrive at Querini villas.

In the 110th km of the national road of Heraklion – Chania we meet the nodal point of Vrysses – Maza. We turn right, we pass under the bridge with direction to Vrysses. In the first cleft of the street we turn left and we meet the first Carrefour to Sfakia. In the 5th km we meet the sign for Alikampos.
Reaching the square of the village, we turn left and we continue in course left up to the church of the village. At the church we turn left at the small alley and we follow it for 150m roughly until we arrive at Querini villas.